AbelCine is a leading Digital Cinema and HD camera equipment supplier to the motion picture and broadcast industries. We offer sales, training, rental and repair services to the professional filmmaking community with offices in NY, CHI and LA. Our new facility, in Brooklyn's Industry City, is seeking a full-time Facilities Administrator/Handyman to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, hardworking individual to participate in our exciting and fast paced company.
This position would encompass the following key responsibilities:
- General office upkeep, overseeing the appearance and organization of facilty
- Assembly of furniture, shelving and office equipment and other equipment as required
- Maintenance of core office services such as lighting, plumbing, heating, AC, flooring, and additional items, as required
- Serve as building liaison
- Coordinate scheduling of outside vendors when necessary for office projects
- Maintain and organize warehouse and shipping area including receiving of deliveries and distributing them
- Coordinate, transport and deliver equipment and other items between our Manhattan and Brooklyn offices
- Handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned by office management
- Workshop maintenance and upkeep
- Assist customers and co-workers with loading equipment in and out of the facility
- Maintain facilities inventory and other office supplies; order supplies as necessary
- Other administrative duties as necessary
Requirements for a successful candidate:
- Associate degree or higher, or equivalent combination of work and training
- A minimum of two years of experience with office maintenance or general construction or related repair maintenance work
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift and manipulate items weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Impeccable organization skills
- Enthusiasm with high standards of quality, efficiency and ownership of your role
- Positive attitude, personable and comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative
- Ability to work well with clients, vendors and coworkers
Highly desired skills:
- Experience with Mac OS, Word and Excel
- Flexible schedule
- Prior experience with construction
- Hands on camera experience and industry interests
This is a full time, non-exempt, salaried position with benefits.
AbelCine offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with work experience.
AbelCine is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.